One of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard in my life...
If you haven't heard Dar Williams' February...
It is one of the songs in your life that you should listen to, at least once...
To get an idea of what beauty sounds like...
There are very few songs that touch me like this song does...
The Crash Test Dummies' Superman Song...U2's I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (the Rattle and Hum album's live version)...The Indigo Girls' Closer to Fine...Louis Armstrong's What a Wonderful World (the 1970 live version)...Sinead O'Connor's You Do Something To Me off of Red, Hot, and Blue...and Annie Lennox's Every Time We Say Goodbye, off the same album...Clint Black's Something That We Do...The Dixie Chicks' Top of the World...Rascal Flats' These Days...Diamond Rio's Beautiful Mess...Darryl Worley's I Miss My Friend...
...and a million others...
But Dar Williams' February lives in a special part of my heart...
It captures, better than any song I've ever heard, the tragedy of true love lost...
It takes me back to Kansas City, 2001, when Brandi and I were living together...and falling apart...
"And February lasted into March...and found us walking a path...alone together...
You stopped and pointed...and you said, 'That's a crocus'...and I said, 'What's a crocus'...and you said 'It's a flower'...I tried to remember, but I said, 'What's a flower?'...
You said, 'I still love you'..."
It's one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard in my entire life...
And I thank Dar Williams from the bottom of my heart...for creating and singing such an gorgeous piece of music...
I'm going to be listening to it all night...
Have a good night, everyone:):)...
Love,
Ben


No comments:
Post a Comment