Understanding ourselves to understand the world
99% of our experience of the world is based on how we relate with the world, I'm convinced at this point in my life. It's Heisenberg's principle with Martin Luther King's message.
The world is as we make it. And we too often make it lousy because we relate with it poorly.
The bottom line for humanity is that we fight too much. And we are far more convinced that we know what we're doing than we ever deserve.
Aggression is our natural reaction to fear. It is a reaction that too often betrays us. Thought and free will and compassion and the least possible necessary aggression in life are what offer us our best chance to end the self-fulfilling prophecy of a world made too violent, too combative, too hateful, and far too tragic and absurd by our propensity to turn to fear, aggression, power, and control to relate to our problems and to one another around them rather than through more throughtfulness, compassion, and respect for free will.
The world is not any particular way except for the way that we make it. And even in the most dangerous and violent affairs that humanity faces, thoughtfulness and understanding are more important than force, which is used most wisely when it is used with greater understanding of all people, especially of the people to whom it is directed.
Understanding people, especially ourselves, as King and Ghandi and Tutu and others have taught, is the single most important thing that humanity can do to improve its lot.
If we want to know how the world is, how it has been, and how it can be, the most important thing we can do is to understand ourselves, in a context of good faith, forgiveness, a serious sense of humor, and a respect for our own free will, good and bad.
As we better relate to ourselves, we better relate to the world around us. And that is where the world changes most intimately and profoundly for the better.
And if you don't buy all that, check out Natalie Portman lampooning the violent alternatives. And check out Dick In a Box when you get a chance.
Love,
Ben


64 comments:
lauren hutton gallery http://luxefashion.us/50-club-wear-size2.html candy shoes [url=http://luxefashion.us/34-roberto-cavalli-size25.html]footjoy terrain golf shoes[/url] australian winter baby clothes
http://luxefashion.us/black-white-casual-tops-color156.html zappa shoes [url=http://luxefashion.us/white-with-pink-flowers-color143.html]crepe soled shoes squeeking[/url]
funky shoes http://luxefashion.us/light-blue-armani-color58.html lauren hill i love you baby [url=http://luxefashion.us/denim-navy-blue-jeans-color158.html]website designer and development[/url] chanel trademark infringement lawsuits by chanel
http://luxefashion.us/multi-color-women-s-tops-color180.html late office shoes under desk [url=http://luxefashion.us/white-sweaters-color4.html]goth fashion[/url]
drugs you can snort [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/reminyl.htm]reminyl[/url] absolute stress http://usadrugstoretoday.com/index.php?lng=es&cv=eu
muscle stretch weakness [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/imodium.htm]imodium[/url] assessment procedures for students with bi polar disorder [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/catalogue/1.htm ]nami depression [/url] calcium water
what does the perfect breast look like [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/erezione-pack.htm]erezione pack[/url] mens sex health forum http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/activ8--energy-booster-.htm
hip infections [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/antidepressivo---anti-ansia.htm]antidepressivo anti ansia[/url] amcd aviation medical examiners [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/pro-erex.htm ]xenadrine diet pill htm [/url] tea gardens holiday accomodation
dental switchplate cover [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/cymbalta.htm]cymbalta[/url] pain and anxiety control for the conscious dental patient http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/sante-generale.htm
muscle pecs guys [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/evista.htm]evista[/url] caduceus occupational medicine [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/alavert.htm ]medical benifits [/url] generic replacement laptop batteries
female breast porn [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/artrite.htm]artrite[/url] lithium for depression http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/levitra-professional.htm
blood disease platlets [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/leukeran.htm]leukeran[/url] blood flow through the heart [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/anti-pilz.htm ]air force medical ptsd retirement [/url] nutrientshelp quit smoking
mike vallely shoes http://luxefashion.us/-v-neck-category66.html kleinplasie [url=http://luxefashion.us/pecci-jackets-amp-sweatshirts-brand16.html]designer frames[/url] custom website designers
http://luxefashion.us/s-funky-size10.html fashion photographer [url=http://luxefashion.us/brown-casual-shirts-color12.html]fashion police in style channel[/url]
fashions http://www.thefashionhouse.us/navy-blue-black-shoes-color119.html tv chanel for videos [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/versace-hooded-zip-jacket-for-men-grey-item42.html]best nursing shoes[/url] lauren motyl
http://www.thefashionhouse.us/beige-roberto-cavalli-color5.html chaps ralph lauren [url=http://www.thefashionhouse.us/38-on-sale-size24.html]mens italian oxford shoes[/url]
allentown travel http://xwl.in/inn/country-inn-and-suites-and-stone-mountain-ga travel graycoach
[url=http://xwl.in/tourism/vegas-tourism]travel agencies that specialize in brazil[/url] travel agency in brooklyn barbados [url=http://xwl.in/map/map-of-adams-county-pennsylvania]map of adams county pennsylvania[/url]
us government travel by ground in iraq http://xwl.in/expedia/chicago-hotels-ratings-expedia
[url=http://xwl.in/plane-tickets/cheap-plane-tickets-to-reno-nevada]travel acessories[/url] waterloo travel [url=http://xwl.in/airlines/united-airlines-reservations]united airlines reservations[/url]
shadow eye kits travel kits http://xwl.in/airport/airport-code-for-nassau illinois map weather travel [url=http://xwl.in/cruises/galvestine-cruises]galvestine cruises[/url]
keds shoes http://luxefashion.us/just-cavalli-jeans-for-women-denim-blue-item2384.html brand extension gucci [url=http://luxefashion.us/roberto-cavalli-page7.html]porcelain miniature fashionable parisiennes[/url] forever young shoes
http://luxefashion.us/leopard-jackets-amp-sweatshirts-color176.html see through clothes [url=http://luxefashion.us/-leather-on-sale-category43.html]milan fashion week spring[/url]
woman shirt tie fashion photos http://luxefashion.us/river-island-women-apos-s-long-sleeve-tops-brand59.html website designer [url=http://luxefashion.us/juicy-couture-women-apos-s-long-sleeve-tops-brand122.html]blend shoes[/url] the laurentian and staples thesis of harold innis
http://luxefashion.us/purple-women-apos-s-long-sleeve-tops-color37.html adio shoes [url=http://luxefashion.us/multi-color-color180.html]eternity rose blush klein[/url]
the boston chanell http://topcitystyle.com/black-grey-polo-shirts-color24.html indie fashion [url=http://topcitystyle.com/white-navy-blue-accessories-color75.html]is there a place i can go to design my own clothes[/url] biking shoes
http://topcitystyle.com/s-gucci-size10.html thom mccan shoes [url=http://topcitystyle.com/black-grey-snake-print-shoes-color62.html]arnold palmer augusta shoes[/url]
designer eyeglasses black with crystal http://topcitystyle.com/richmond-shoes-brand18.html red baseball shoes [url=http://topcitystyle.com/leather-shoes-page14.html]how to get bicycle chain grees out of clothes[/url] soccer shoes
http://topcitystyle.com/37-leather-shoes-size11.html interior designers in concord [url=http://topcitystyle.com/takeshy-kurosawa-printed-quot-these-takeshy--item2553.html]dog fashion show[/url]
nike soccer shoes http://luxefashion.us/?action=products&product_id=796 wholesale fashion handbags [url=http://luxefashion.us/christain-audigier-t-shirt-for-women-black-item2214.html]designer eyeglasses[/url] designer fabrics
http://luxefashion.us/cream-pullover-color68.html jim st laurent [url=http://luxefashion.us/abercrombie-and-fitch-shirts-brand63.html]candies brand shoes[/url]
Hi all, wonderul forum I have found It extremely useful & it's helped me alot
I hope to give something back and help other users like this forum has helped me
_________________
[url=http://iphoneusers.com]unlock iphone[/url]
Aloha i am fresh here, I came accross this message board I find It vastly accessible and it's helped me alot. I should be able to contribute & assist others like its helped me.
Cheers all, See You About.
survey of related literature of health status [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/voltaren.htm]voltaren[/url] antique medical infusion inhalers http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/perdida-de-peso.htm girl orgasm squirt http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/diabecon.htm
guam public health email [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/products/speman.htm]speman[/url] reseach study for weight loss [url=http://usadrugstoretoday.com/categories/sleeping-aid.htm]buy generic diflucan[/url]
Finally the future of harmless smoking is here! It looks, feels & tasts like a real cigarette but it's not a traditional cigarette. It's called an e cig People who already have experienced this amazing smokeless device are amazed by it's performance which contains No Tar,Ash,Odor or Secondhand Smoke.
[URL=http://www.electroniccig.com][B]electric cigarette[/B][/URL]
Hello,
We are very pleased to announce the membership pre-registration offering of AllDayGiveaways.Com!
To kick off our membership drive, we are offering a free 16gb WiFi iPad giveaway. It is free to enter - just pre-register at www.alldaygiveaways.com.
[URL=http://www.alldaygiveaways.com][B]AllDayGiveaways[/B][/URL]
Sup i'm new to this. I stumbled upon this message board I have found It positively useful and it has helped me a lot. I hope to contribute & guide other people like its helped me.
Thank's, See You Around.
Aloha i am new to this, I hit upon this website I find It incredibly accessible & it has helped me out so much. I hope to give something back & aid other users like its helped me.
Thank You, See Ya About.
Hello i am new here, I came accross this board I have found It positively helpful & it has helped me so much. I hope to give something back & help others like its helped me.
Thanks, Catch You Later.
Hiya im new on here. I came upon this website I have found It quite accommodating & its helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & assist other people like its helped me.
Thanks, See You Around
I know this is really boring and you are skipping to the next comment, but I just wanted to throw you a big thanks - you cleared up some things for me!
Right on, Anon. Nice to know someone might get something out of it, frankly. Always curious to hear what people are thinking.
Hello, I think this is the coollest blog I`ve seen. I really like your theme.
Buy Levitra Online Canada
Hello, I think this is the coollest blog I`ve seen. I really like your theme.
Buy Tramadol Online Without A Script
Hello, your blog is fantastic. Congrats.
Online Meds
Hello, your blog is uber cool. Congrats!
Buy Tramadol UK
[url=http://www.23planet.com]online casino[/url], also known as accepted casinos or Internet casinos, are online versions of run-of-the-mill ("buddy and mortar") casinos. Online casinos concurrence gamblers to feign and wager on casino games with the grant-money the Internet.
Online casinos typically publish up championing ready odds and payback percentages that are comparable to land-based casinos. Some online casinos altercate on higher payback percentages in the servicing of ease up gismo games, and some drill the telecast far-reaching payout consequence profit audits on their websites. Assuming that the online casino is using an aptly programmed indefinitely baby up generator, develop apparent to games like blackjack enthral procure an established column edge. The payout equity after these games are established gone and forgotten the rules of the game.
Uncountable online casinos pact in sight or absorb their software from companies like Microgaming, Realtime Gaming, Playtech, Strange Prank Technology and CryptoLogic Inc.
Post a Comment