Great question
Eugene Robinson asks one this morning. I have to say after watching Bill on Charlie Rose, I have to ask the question myself.
A Problem Like Bill
A Hillary Clinton presidency could be a pretty funny ride, now that I think about it. Perhaps I should vote for her just for entertainment purposes.


4 comments:
Hillary wants to control her campaign.
Bill goes off script and has an ego.
I doubt it's a problem for HC's campaign. He's a natural with great PR instincts.
I'm pretty sure the "First Man" thing isn't a real issue, either. He'd be more visible than other POTUS spouses, but he won't make a power grab and he'll blend into the background (with a wink, but still blending).
Here's the question that I find more interesting than Robinson's...
What is it about Bill that compels columnists to write about him in that certain unmistakable tone... You know, the one that tempers all of the usual indignancy, outrage, disagreement, disdain, etc. with the written equivalent of the kind of grin people make toward a rambunctious kid.
Second question, where can I buy a bottle of the Mojo?
My email address is now my name (no dots or nothing, first & last) at gmail.com. Drop me a line if I don't get to you first.
Hope the holidays are stacking up nicely for you.
Oh, and thanks again for hitting my little birthday get-together--and for the books!
C
Please consider Obama. Do a research on him.
Please consider Obama. Do a research on him.
Boston,
I think Bill may be tripping himself up more than usual, this election. There are more unaffiliated independents out there, like me, floating around, this time and unless we're leaning towards Hillary a lot of the his charm begins to wear off, at least for me, but it looks like for the press corps, as well. Something tells me that his charm is not going to pull him through this election. If he were more real, it might be a different story. But the fact that he and Hillary are so self-centered in their pursuits and as people figure that out, it makes that charm all the more annoying. It's like Bono. He's a great singer with a great band. But the more it becomes clear that he's completely full of himself, the less interesting his music becomes. At some point, everyone's bullshit detector goes off.
We definitely got to get together, dude. I've got gifts for you and the fam when we get a chance. I've got time before we start school, again, on January 7th, if we can find some time. Maybe I'll call you when I get back from Dallas (my dad and immediate family are there, after my jaunt down to Wichita to see the Grandmas).
By the way, have you seen Feist, yet, Carson? She's easily the most talented musician I have seen in quite a long time. Leslie Feist, when you get a chance.
I'll talk with you soon, I hope, dude.
Dear second anonymous poster, Obama is the candidate I am voting for, at this point. It's either Obama or McCain, though that is completely up in the air depending on the on-going larger debate and discussion about the election and the Presidency. Clinton and Guliani both are running on campaigns advertising inevitable power as their core, a bad governing philosophy for America and for the world community, and both need serious challenges, right now. I am committed to supporting those who offer that challenge with the most serious and thoughtful alternatives. Those are the two candidates I favor, as of now, with Ron Paul as a favorite who I don't think understands either security nor subsequent diplomacy issues very well, nor the power dynamics associated with opening up and keeping open freer markets and freer societies given peoples' propensities to want to shut them both down, periodically. I agree with Ron on so much, but I'm afraid that I think he might be terribly naive about the nature of power and its relationship to the freedom and liberal values that he and I both take very seriously.
Thanks for the endorsement, though. We need more people talking up Obama as a stronger alternative, I think.
Merry Christmas.
Ben
Post a Comment