Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A whiff of Waco

Does this situation seem a little concerning to anyone else?



There just seems to be a whiff of Waco to this whole thing.

Religious fundamentalists are easy to pick on, is the truth.

Four hundred simultaneous child abuse investigations? All of these kids are removed from their families until the investigations are over? All because of one abuse accusation?

Something doesn't seem right, here.

We're always just a little bit more careless with these things when it involves someone else's family, aren't we?

My family had a social worker visit us unannounced and uninvited when I was a kid. Nothing came of it. But it was scary as shit.

I can't imagine losing my child on the presumption that I had abused them because I happened to be one parent of 400 children in a compound where one accusation of abuse had been made.

It's all about the children isn't it?

Something has me doubting that more and more, these days.

1 comment:

John Brown of Kansas said...

I find their hair very concerning.

Every time I see these women, I get the creeps because of FLDS hairdo.

I know that's not what you're talking about. And we probably have some big agreements on this thing and few lesser disagreements, but there is no doubt whatsoever that their haircuts are fucking creepy.

Your best buddy,

John Brown
Cupper of Stripper Ass