Monday, July 21, 2008

You know what the problem with the world is?

Not enough people find both these guys funny as all shit.





Or don't like 'em. I don't care. Don't like me, either, I suppose.

You realize I'm the one asshole who thought the two best albums during this war were Shock and Y'all and the Home Album (The Black Eyed Peas' Where Is the Love? was a nice effort, but country music just got the jump on everyone this war).

More Love's the reason I bought that Dixie Chicks' album (Fuck controversy is my general motto), but the Chicks' cover of Patty Griffin's Top of the World is one of the most beautiful songs I ever heard in my life.



And if you don't get teared up during American Soldier, you got a heart of fuckin' stone. I could listen to Toby Keith salute these boys and girls in uniform all fuckin' day long.



I don't know what's wrong with us, half the time, is the truth. Get so full of ourselves. Think we've finally got all the goddamn answers. It's goddamn foolish is what it is.

That's why I like takin' a moment with Dave Chappelle and Larry the Cable Guy and rememberin' that I don't. Nobody does. Just a bunch of goddamn fools, just like me, tryin' to get life figured out.

Be nice if we remembered that every once in awhile. Make more sense, at least. Make for nicer holidays. Be more decent.

I could handle that. For my kids, at least. Maybe their kids. Maybe all of us.

Get-R-Done, kids. And Fuck Yo Couch, while you're at it.

Time to stop takin' ourselves so goddamn seriously.

No comments: