Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On second thought

On second thought, I can't do something I will hate for the rest of my life.

I've got to do something with my life that offers me substantially more freedom.

Teaching just isn't going to do it, at this point. Not the way it is governed today.

I've got to do something where I can be happy.

And that cannot be education, given the illiberal direction we have taken.

I don't know. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's a famous quote: "Don't let the bastards get you down." Maybe it's not a famous quote, but it should be...

We need teachers like you. You seem like one who actually teaches instead of indoctrinating, and we need that.

They're teaching my kids man-made global warming like it's the Gospel according to St. John. No discussion, no pro and con, just pure proselytizing from the book of St. Al Gore, and I live in a fairly conservative enclave. Fortunately, my kids have good BS filters...

Anyhoo, have you considered private or charter schools? How about applying for DoDDs schools? You get to live overseas and get paid good money. They don't put up with any crap from the kids, either.

Don't give up.