I think I'm beginning to understand how Communism and theocracies stuck around for so long:):):)...
As I watch the persistent blaming...and failure by anyone to take responsibility:):)...including and especially American citizens:):)...as much as politicians:):)...
With Hurricane Katrina...Hurricane Rita...September 11th...and just about anything that people have some kind of random opinion about:):)...
I'm beginning to see why Communism and theocracies stuck around for so long:):):)...
They're just such easier fits with how most people deal with the world:):)...
Neither involve anyone taking any serious responsibility for anything:):)...they both involve lots of blaming:):)...and stubborn attachments to policies no matter how long they fail:):):)...both are seriously threatened by intelligent thought and free expression of that thought:):)...for reasons I completely understand now:):)...
Both claim utopias that never have and never will exist:):):)...and any evidence that they have never or never will exist is blamed on the messengers:):):):)LOL:):):)...rather than anyone taking responsibility for them:):):)...
In other words:):)...they're governments for people with a less developed understanding of politics and the world...and, often...people who just never grow up:):):)...people who have a less mature understanding of politics and the world...and cause a lot of unnecessary misery and tragedy for everyone who has to live under them...
And they sure do look a lot like Americans, right now...who claim to want neither...but who behave like they do...
And I'm becoming seriously concerned that the number of people who feel a genuine sense of responsibility for democracy are few and far between:):):)...
Because it just involves so much terribly tedious thinking...and a constructive outlook...and accepting peoples' limitations...and patience...
And all kinds of things that most people just don't want to be bothered with too much, I'm concerned:):):)...
In other words:):):)...as my friend Lu, always says:):):)...
We get the government we deserve:):):)...
It just hasn't sunk in with most people, yet, I don't think:):):)...
That the way Americans are behaving, right now:):):)...
This is the one we deserve:):):)...
And if we want better...
We're going to have to be better examples of constructive leadership...
Rather than reflections of too much of the tough-talking, ineffective, thoughtless, blame-shifting that characterizes too much of Washington, these days:):):)...
God help us:):):)...this sad little country:):):)...and this sad little species we belong to:):):)...
Hopefully...our progeny will study about these times...and just think...
What goddamn fools they all were:):):)...
Rather than fruitlessly blaming us for how foolishly we think about our government and our democracy:):):)...
We can only hope:):):)...
Have a good day, everyone:):):)...
Love,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment