Monday, September 19, 2005

Missing Melissa:):):)...

Melissa's been moving out over this last week:):)...

She found an apartment with a friend of ours' from the theater group we're a part of, EMU Theater:):)...

I agree with her...It'll probably be good for her:):)...

She's got a boy that she's got a crush on:):)...and she's meeting all kinds of new people at her new pad:):):)...

It's funny...

Melissa and I went from fellow bloggers:):)...her in Milwaukee:):)...and me in Lawrence:):)...

To blogging lovers:):):)...

To blogging roommates:):):)...

And now...to best friends...with her living just across town:):):)...

And me missing the heck out of her:):):)...

I came home, today...and the apartment just seemed so lonely:):):)...

No Darcy (Melissa's cat:):):)...

No Melissa:):):) (Melissa wouldn't normally be here in the morning:):)...but I would always look forward to seeing her after she got off work:):):)...

Just me and my messy little apartment:):):):):):)...

Melissa is one of the most supportive people in my life:):):)...listening to a million vents, frustrations, excitement, cries, jokes...just being around:):):)...and sharing life every day:):):)...

And it's suddenly occurred to me just how important that every day spending time with someone personally is:):):)...

How much it is the only sharing of our lives that really allows us to really get to know someone as they really are:):):)...

And not just how they share themselves...even on something as intimate as a blog:)...

I told Melissa that I miss her:):):)...and that she should definitely come by after work:):):)...so we can hang out:):):)...and I can hear how her work is:):):)...and see her sweet little cheery face:):):)...

Melissa and I have a sense of humor together that I don't get to really share with enough people, I don't think:):):)...a very un-P.C. sense of humor:):):)...where noone is left not made fun of:):):)...and as raunchy as we so desire:):):)...

When Melissa and I were coming home to Lawrence, moving her down from Milwaukee:):):)...

She and I started this stupid game of coming up with names of stuff that we could say in that stupid "Da Bears" and "Da Bulls" Chicago accent from the old Saturday Night Live skits:):):)...

And we've just always had kind of a really great stupid sense of humor that we could share with one another, ever since:):):)...

I miss our joking together:):):)...

And haviving someone who would at least feign interest in my daily drama:):):)...and my pontifications on the deeper issues in life:):):)...

Come home after work, Melissa:):):)...we gotta watch a movie, together:):):)...and I gotta come by and hang out with that annoying little shit of a cat, of yours:):):):):):)...and watch him dip his paw into someone else's drink and lick it off:):):)...and knock over shit in someone else's house:):):)...

Have a great day, everyone:):):)...

Love,
Ben

No comments: