The challenge in front of me:):):)...
This is why the world seems so cock-eyed to me:):):)...
Majority of Americans reject evolution...
You see...at heart:):)...I'm just a scientist:):)...
My mind thinks too logically to bottom out to the lowest common denominator of most Americans:):):)...or people, generally, for that matter:):):)...
I've had the evolution/creation/intelligent design conversation a million times:):):)...
But what it all comes down to...is that the broad, undeniable consensus within the scientific community...favors evolution...and all other theories -- various creation stories...of which intelligent design is an ingenious variation on:):):) -- are interesting cultural myths to study as a part of Western heritage, world history, and world cultures...
But science, they are not...
And I am just too intellectually honest...to try to pretend that I identify very much at all with the idea that somehow my own personal or religious dogma...could ever or should ever...trump science:):):)...or deep, profound understandings of the world:):):)...
I think the reason why I see the world so different from most people...
Is that I just don't take bullshit folk theories about the world very seriously, at all:):)...
I only take seriously the most rigorous thought...
And everything else is just kind of bullshit, as far as I'm concerned:):):)...
Most people don't think like that, I'm learning...
And my thinking on that...
They should...
And they should learn to live and think up to my standards and to the standards of the best thinkers in the world:):)...
And not me or those thinkers down...to the thinking of most folks...
And that is why I don't understand most people, much of the time:):):)...
Because I just don't take stupid that seriously, really:):):)...and I don't care how seriously others take stupid...it's still stupid, as far as I'm concerned...
And I only take smart seriously...
Smart can mean that someone understands cars...or weed-whackers...or whatever...
And it can mean that they understand people...or schools...or politics...or economics...or whatever...better...as well:):):)...
But I just don't respect thinking that takes stupid too seriously...and doesn't respect, enough, the best thinking...
And my expectation...is that people should live up to that...not me living down to stupid:):):)...
And that is the long and short of it, as far as I'm concerned:):):)...
Have a great day, everyone:):):)...
And if you happen to be one of those people who agree with the majority in this poll:):):)...
I would suggest keeping your day job:):):)...and not trying your hand, professionally, at science, any time soon:):):):)...
Unless you have a rigorously considered scientific challenge to evolution...
And it better be good...
And not some long rationalization for why "God does exist, gosh darnit!"...
Because if this is what you're going after...scientifically-minded people want proof for your ideas...proof for which yours and other ideas can be falsified...not just asserted...and not just self-righteous pronouncements of whatever dogma you ascribe to...
And my efforts are to bring folks up to that expectation...
And to stop having intelligent people...pander down to the foolishness of average folks:):):)...
Have a great night, everyone:):):)...
Love,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment