Proud of yourself...no matter the consequences:):)...
You ever felt proud of yourself...and your efforts...of your courage...no matter the consequences?:):):)...
It's a great feeling:):)...I highly recommend it:):):)...
Have a great day everyone:):):)...
P.S. I talked with a good friend from Amarr about shipping on 3rd shift, recently:):)...it doesn't sound good...I guess they're trying to pressure for more productivity again...creating more conflict which just slows everything down, paradoxically...
But it reminded me that I want all the guys at Amarr -- everyone...Ben and John, included...even though we disagree about what will improve productivity there...and I had to get a serious break from all the nonsense that passed for thoughtful policy there:):)LOL:):) -- to know that I really enjoyed working there, on balance:):)...I really like those guys...and love 'em, really...though most of them would get really uncomfortable if I told them that to their faces:):):)LOL:):):)...so I just say it on a blog where only one or two have access so I won't have a truckload of tough guys coming to beat my ass for making such a pussy remark about our time together:):):)LOL:):):)...
And like everything else I do...I know everyone is working in good faith:):)...generally:):)...
I really loved working on a shipping dock...definitely not something I imagined for myself at any point in my life:):)...and I really loved it:):)...and it made an indelible impact on my life:):):)...
Thanks, guys:):)...
Love,
Ben
2 comments:
y'know what I like about you Ben? How you always seem able to understand and respect people...everyone. Few people are able to do this. How are you able to continue to see the beauty in people no matter what? I've always been curious.
hope you had a splendid weekend,
lwac
Thanks, lwac:)...it means a lot:)...
When things are going well...especially when you watch guys like my friend, Deway...who's about the most intimidating friend I've ever had...when you watch him begin to let down his emotional defenses...to listen and connect with people...to care about people (not something that Deway does easily, I don't think, sometimes)...to be vulnerable...even those his whole persona is built on being a tough guy:):):)...and now to lead load...meaning to take serious responsibility...
You know you're on the right track...
Some days its harder...when things don't go as well...when you're dealing with both the challenge of it and the disappointment...
But every day it's good to be encouraged:):)...
I really appreciate it:):)...
I owe you a handwritten letter, hon:):)...I'll do it as soon as I get a chance, alright?:):)...
Love,
Ben
Post a Comment