When someone gave a shit...
You know why so many folks talk about college or school as the last time they felt more idealism or better about themselves and their lives?...
Because it is, too often...and so sadly...the last time that someone they worked with really gave a shit about them, I'm convinced...after working so many other jobs outside of schools, I think this is the reason why so many people have such fond memories of school, so often (though I do have friends who don't seem to have any time that they liked life, sadly)...
A barber I had expressed this sentiment about high school as much as so many of my friends express it about college...
And I think it's because, for so many folks...sadly...it is the last time they felt like people around them really gave a shit about them...
It's so sad that we create such a shitty world for adults...trying, vainly, to make it up by treating their children better, hopefully...
But I am damned lucky to work in that kind of place...
Where the kids and the teachers are people who people give a shit about, often enough...
My principal did something really nice for me, today, that I promised I wouldn't reveal...but I was just so touched that I finally had a boss who actually gave a shit about me as a human being...and not just as a employee...
It's been a long time since I've had that feeling...
Since I was a student, actually...
It's nice to be home, again...
Brandi bought this album for me...They Might Be Giants' "No!"...the first, that I know of, of TMBG's really terrific kids' albums:):):)...check it out when you get a chance...also...possibly their better kids' album...Here Come the ABC's...
And, of course...the ever-fun kids' musical...You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown...
Sweet dreams, everyone...
Love,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment