Can I just say that it kind of sucks not to have someone to celebrate today with?
...that everyone I know is either...
...fighting me...a lot of ego games...a lot stubborness...and a lot of people just not even willing to consider that I might be right about my thinking about people...and they might be wrong...
...just don't get it...they don't share my passion...or enthusiasm...and, very often...just don't care about these kids or kids, period, or people, period, as much as I do...Melissa is supportive...but she's definitely not as passionate about people, generally, or kids, specifically, as I am...
...we're just not talking, right now, for a variety of reasons...many of which have to do with me and who I've been in the past...or who we've been, together, in the case of Brandi...but all of which are very much in the past...but I've just no entre to initiate those relationships again...and they have certainly made no effort...
...Brandi...Tom...Jeannie...Wayne...
Can I say out into the world just how much it sucks that there isn't even one person, that I can think of, right now...that I can share this news...this terrific news about this really great turn-around on this kid (one that I'm sure will have its ebbs and flows...progress and setbacks...in the coming months and years)...which is/was totally unanticipated...and a really great development in the life of a kid needing a lot of love and support, right now, as he grows up in the midst of a very difficult situation...
I shared it with his grandmother...who appreciated it, of course...
But not one other person I know -- not even my parents -- would be very enthusiastic about this kind of thing?...
What does that say about people...
That I would expect that they would treat kind of blase great news about a kid who's been in a lot of trouble...
Cynical, definitely...
Unbelieving...
Self-fulfilling in their prophecies...
Responsible for many of the problems that they bitch about...and do very little substantial and thoughtful with a view of the longest run to do much about...meaning...responsible...without taking much responsibility at all...
Foolish...
And not very much help...that's for damned sure...and sometimes real pains in the asses and obstacles to getting things done better...
Unimaginative...lacking creativity and commitment to really dealing with problems...but having plenty of cynicism to share with any unresolved problem (of which there are many)...
Lost...as Stitch would say from my favorite Disney movie of all time...Lilo and Stitch..."I...am...lost"...
Most people are just kind of lost...
And need some more grace in their lives...
Some hope...
And some passion...
And some belief...
And some love...just like my kid in my class...
And to believe again...
That things can get better...
With a little commitment...a little hope...a little thought...
And a lot of love...
Wishing you all the commitment, hope, thought, and love that your heart can absorb:):):)...and share with the world:):):)...
Love,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment