Enron in public schools
I feel like I'm at Enron, right now, with the level of rationalization and self-deception that people are engaging in so that they think they will make AYP (Adequate Yearly Progress; a mininum standard under the No Child Left Behind Act), this year. Everyone is rationalizing leaving behind kids and math skills, they are so focussed on complying with the "No Child Left Behind Act."
Ironic, huh?
But it's so clear at this point.
And as completely disturbing as it is to me, right now, it makes me really proud that I haven't given into all this bullshit.
Lying to yourself and others is a nasty habit. It fucks up your perception. And it leads to things like tech bubbles and housing bubbles. And wars where you have no clue what to do to make the situation better.
And school failure.
Love,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment