Thursday, April 12, 2007

How the current period completely undermines my trust its tough proponents

I've given up trying to understand the persistent rationalization of the million heads rolling, these days. It's ugly. It's wrong. It's wasteful. It's self-righteous. And it needs to end.

That's why I don't like to concede to bullies. Because once they get a taste for the power that comes with bullying, they won't stop. Terrorists are bullies with heavy weapons. The current period is about bullies with the weapons of words and social and political pressure. And it it needs to end.

I have no trust in them or their causes anymore. None of them. If I have any trust in the issues they are concerned about, I have to completely separate it, to the degree I can, from their bullying. That is difficult. But it also is a sign of both just how ugly this period has gotten, how arrogant its proponents have become, and how little they can be trusted.

First Don Rumsfeld. Then Lewis Libby. Then Alberto Gonzalez. Then Don Imus. Then Paul Wolfowitz.

If everyone hasn't become clear now, like Hamas or Hezbollah or Al Queda, these political bullies will never be appeased. And shouldn't be appeased. That's why conservatives are gearing up for a fight. And so this sad, twisted, ugly, wrong, rationalized story will go forever and forever and forever until people face up to their ugliness.

I have zero trust in Democrats anymore. I have zero trust in Republicans anymore. The truth is that I have zero trust in anyone anymore.

Because they've all earned the distrust. Noone follows the rules. And everyone enforces them selectively for their own purposes.

It is the most fantastic mess that I have seen in my entire life. It is hypocrisy without limits. And it is thus hypocrisy without an ounce of credibility or trustworthiness, at this point.

As with my kids, if you push your limits too far, eventually I don't trust you at all. And that is where the proponents of the current political era are with me, at least, at this point, no matter how much they may pretend that they can get away with this nonsense into perpetuity.

Keep trying to get away with it, I say. But I don't trust you at all. And I won't for a very, very long time, until you change your ways.

If your bullying, and I know about it, I'm not listening to goddamn word you say anymore. And I don't give a shit whether you think that's fair or not. It's not fair. Life ain't fair. Too fuckin' bad. Change your ways. Or I don't trust you anymore until you do.

What was that argument you made? I have no fuckin' clue. Because I'm not listening to bullies anymore.

Love,
Ben

No comments: