Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Being good or getting what you want

For many people, perhaps most people, it is more important to get what they want than it is to do good. And, as a part of that outlook, they will mock, snipe, and otherwise defend their self-centeredness.

I don't happen to be one of those people. And I take seriously the idea that everyone needs to behave better - in great part by embracing, honestly, their propensity to behave badly - and face up to the cynicism and work harder at being better.

So if you have more cynical input to offer me, be prepared that I am well aware that there are plenty of people who care more about themselves than about doing good.

I just don't listen to your sorry-ass excuses for what a shithead your being. Neither do I listen to my own, by way. At least not long.

Love,
Ben

No comments: