Calling the bluff on Iran
How do you handle the Administration's threat to attack Iran? Call the bluff.
Jim Hoagland tries to act like the threat to attack Iran is for real and is, thus, an argument for sanctions to cool off the pressure for military attack.
How to Rein in Iran
Mohamed ElBaradei, head of the International Atomic Energy Agency, and I both think sanctions would be counterproductive. And we're right. And there is almost 4 years of experience with failure with that strategy to support that point of view of advocates of that approach would just look more squarely at their failure.
I say blow off that threat. I'd call the Administration on that bluff.
They don't have the military manpower. They don't have the political will. They wouldn't have the support from Congress. They wouldn't have the support of the IAEA, the Security Council, the United Nations or the international community.
You can only work off of a bluff for so long.
Bluff called. Hawks lose.
No comments:
Post a Comment