Sunday, February 10, 2008

Yes we can



I just want to remind Joe Nye that he and Ann Coulter are now on the same team.

Have fun kids.

On the other hand...



I just want some honest discussion. Is that so much to ask for?

I don't think so.

But what I do know is that Barack Obama and John McCain would make for a pretty interesting and a far more honest discussion and debate about where the country might go that I, for one, would be interested in hearing. I don't pretend to have more answers than I do. And I like that these guys, better than the other Democratic candidate, pretend less than most of their party faithful they have have better answers than they do.

I don't think that's too much to ask for.

Colin Powell doesn't seem to think so either.

Can you imagine how exciting it must be for black folks in America to know that they may elect their first black President this election on his merits and completely independent of his skin color. Barack Obama and I may not agree on everything. But fulfilling the legacy of Martin Luther King, to have my country be a nation where a man is judged not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character, is certainly appealing to me.

Yes we can.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ben
Have been curious about Hillary lately.
Here's an insightful read.
http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=6e01fdce-ad97-4dab-a07d-bf98dc52f681

Cheers

Ben Sutherland said...

Sad and ugly, Buddha. And sadder, yet, it doesn't surprise me. I don't think any low from that camp would surprise me at this point.

"Some Clinton supporters describe a gradually harder edge, as evidenced by her post- debate coverage. One veteran Democratic strategist agrees: "Don't you think they're on the brink [of a backlash]?"

Perhaps not. Unfortunately for the beleaguered hacks covering Hillary Clinton, she remains the most reliable means of boosting ratings and selling papers in U.S. politics. And many of the strategists and reporters with whom I spoke were resigned to the idea that, in modern politics and media, nice guys finish last. After complaining about the Clinton machine for a spell, one political reporter fondly described how much easier dealing with the Obama campaign had been: 'The Obama press office is nothing like this. They've got a very open and friendly press office.' There was a pause. 'But, then, he's losing.'"

And that's what it all comes down to.

How pathetic and predictable.

The saddest part is that poor people in America think she's running for them. When, really, it has always been about them.

Which is exactly why I will be voting for John McCain if Hillary Clinton gets nominated. And why Ann Coulter will be voting for Hillary Clinton. Because she's (a little too) convinced that Hillary Clinton is just as vicious as she is.

For all of my disagreements with Barack Obama, and there are many, the contrast, really, painted in that article between these two campaigns really couldn't be any clearer.
It's only one article. But it's pretty fuckin' damning, if true.

I encourage everyone to make their own call. But this crew has worn out my patience.

Ben Sutherland said...

"The saddest part is that poor people in America think she's running for them. When, really, it has always been about them."

When, really, it's always been about Bill and Hillary.

What a sad household that must be.