Wednesday, February 20, 2008

This is why I don't trust chattering class liberals

Remember the War on Drugs?

This is how desperate they have gotten.

"The good news is that Mexico and the United States finally recognize that they are on the same side in this battle. It is a vast improvement over Washington’s perennial finger-wagging. Mexico’s resolve to take on drug trafficking, rather than dismissing it as an unsolvable problem, is also welcome. But it is only a start."

The New York Times editorial page is arguing for an emboldened drug war.

You know that people are kind of fucked in the head with power obsession when they make this kind of argument when the writing is so clearly on the wall.

I will paste this editorial in my scrapbook for when this ugly, bullshit drug war is finally behind us and to remind my children why conscience and independent judgment should always trump ideology, party politics, or other forms of groupthink.

I knew there was a reason I didn't read the New York Times anymore.

No comments: