Ending the war
I have to say that I still find this a more persuasive case for what will occur in case of a pullout.
How Not the End the War
But what really matters is not what I think, but what those Iraqi and American troops and governing officials think, since they are both closer to the action and more likely to have an idea of what the Iraqi military is ready to handle on their own or not. That is whom we should be talking with and listening to, which is why I largely agree with Max Boot's assesssment, here.
It is amazing, I must say, watching the course of this war, how the oldest democracy in the world ignores more genuine liberal democratic principles in the name of liberal democracy. All of us. Illiberalism serves to abate our fears. And it is now and always an illusion. And this war should demonstrate that fact better than any other political fact we face, right now.
If we could only be honest with ourselves about that fact.
No comments:
Post a Comment