Time to stop takin' myself so goddamn seriously.
If there is one lesson I've needed to learn this summer, I'm beginning to figure out, for my teaching, for my writing, for my relationships with my family and friends, for my life, I think, this is the one.
For all of my worries that I haven't been getting enough done, this summer, learning not to take myself and my efforts so seriously is the most important thing I've needed to learn for a very long time, I think, now, with some retrospect on a life where I have taken myself and everything I do far too seriously.
All I know is that'd I feel more comfortable hanging out with Larry the Cable Guy than Joe Nye or Victor Davis Hanson, anyday. Though I'd be very curious about what Joe and Hanson might have to say about the state of the world.
But with Larry, I'd be right at home.
And that's how it should be. If there's a poster-boy for soft, beer-bellied power, Larry the Cable Guy is your G-string model.
Makes me hungry for wings. And to want to stop thinking about Larry the Cable Guy in a G-string.
No comments:
Post a Comment