Monday, October 13, 2008

Faith

I think I've lost all faith in anyone to make decisions for my life other than me.

That's what progress looks like: me taking responsibility for my life and with no presumption that anyone can take better responsibility for me other than me.

I don't have any more faith in Congress, bosses, my professors, my colleagues, friends, family, anyone to know how to live my life better than me.

I will work with all of these people. But as long as they compel my cooperation, it will always be half-hearted. That is the consequence of depending on force rather than more honest liberal democratic values for relating to one another.

I will now, forever, and only give my whole heart to that which I choose freely. I can only love that which allows me to be free to love. Everything else is bullshit. And if anyone is wondering why they are not happy with their jobs, their relationships, and their lives, this is likely the source.

And I could give two shits about anyone's excuses for why they will not end this bullshit, anymore.

I have lost faith in the excuses and in those who cannot find the courage to face the failures that power has wrought.

No comments: