The limits of power
Apparently Indians have found a way to deal with foolish regulations they don't like. Ignore them.
Shrugging off Smoking Ban
Not a bad idea, frankly. If I didn't value my honesty and integrity with my colleagues and folks I have to work with, I'd chip in. As it is, I'll be working on honestly persuading them of the foolishness of this route of everyone pretending like regulation solves more than it does when people are not genuinely on board and when their consciences are not in line with whatever rules are enforced.
In the meantime, India does reflect the very serious limits of enforcement. People do have to cooperate. If they don't, you are fucked. I don't care how much power you have.
If you doubt that, I hear there's an Asian subcontinent who could use some help getting people to give up the tobacci.
No comments:
Post a Comment