The big picture
William Raspberry comes out of retirement for this gem of a column on what a President Obama says about the state of racial politics in 21st century America.
A Path Beyond Grievance
As I read this brilliant little reflection, I was alerted to two other colums that Raspberry wrote when he was retiring that are equally powerful. The first is about his efforts to promote education and child welfare in his retirement.
What I'll Do Next
And the second is a real beauty about anticipating the ugliness reaped from polarization sown in American politics.
Our Civil Disagreement
That's what it looks like to have the big picture on life and politics.
And you'll notice a consistent theme on that big picture: it comes from a man with a big heart.
Make no mistake. That's what strength looks like.
Thank you, Mr. Raspberry, for the heart and mind you have to offer.
No comments:
Post a Comment