Perspective
Kathleen Parker offers some, this morning.
Not the Worst of Times
As someone who voted Obama, I have no illusions that America is dramatically different today than yesterday. I hope we are more cautious of the use of force and more aware of the limits of power today than we were 4 years ago. But I know that is only partly true. It will take another 4 years for us to learn the limits of power that Democrats wield as well as Republicans.
What makes democracy great is not that any of us, of any ideological, religious, ethnic, gender or any other background have all the answers, nor that always, or even more often than not, we wield power wisely.
What makes democracy the strongest form of government in the history of the world is that we have more freedom and openness to learn our lessons, better, over time.
We have, now and forever, many lesssons to learn. The most important lesson we face, right now, is the limits of power to resolve important problems in our lives.
I can only hope that this election will be a step in the right direction, in that vein.
Only time will tell.
1 comment:
it is real hard to talk about these topics
as a commom person,what else can we do?
-------------------
my website: www.dvdsetshop.com
welcome your coming
Post a Comment