Agreed
As much as I favor gay marriage, George Will (and Andrew Sullivan) are right. Democratic persuasion, not judicial fiat, is the way to handle this and virtually all important political matters.
Of Judges, By Judges, For Judges
It's time for Americans to grow up.
All of us.
3 comments:
I am against gay marriage. Intellectually honest person that I am, I've tried to find a logically consistent opinion on the whole matter that squares with my libertarian tendencies.
Here it is:
The state endorses only a legal, contractual partnership. Could be between any two people and you can't call it marriage. A secular arrangement.
Churches perform marriages, a religious ceremony.
I don't really like my solution, but it's as far out of the cave this neanderthal is willing to go.
I do agree with you on the the usurping judges. End the tyranny of the black-robed mullahs!
Post a Comment