Friday, November 13, 2009

Do as I say, not as I do (or go directly to jail)

It's really the most bullshit part of the current health care legislation.

Pelosi: Jail time "very fair" for failing to buy your patriotic Obamacare coverage



Bill Clinton and Michael Moore don't take care of their own health. But they lead the campaign to put people in jail who don't buy insurance to take care of theirs, even if they don't need or want it.

Oh, and these are liberals, by the way. In case you'd lost track. Liberals are the folks who put people in jail who decide they don't want health insurance, or who are homeless, or who otherwise inconvenience them. Or really anything they disagree with these days.

Because that's what liberals are. Liberals are people who put people in jail or who bully and intimidate people who disagree with them. In case you had any questions what it meant to be liberal.

That is, of course, what it means to be a liberal, as anyone who has ever been one knows. It's what the term liberal means.

To put people in jail who disagree with you.

Could be the opposite. I've lost track myself.

George Orwell, I'm pretty sure, would have something to say about this political period. And I'm fairly certain it would not be flattering.

All I know is that liberal kid I was not too terribly far back would not recognize this as liberalism at all.

To be a liberal meant to be compassionate and thoughtful, when I was growing up. It was the reason why I admired such people when I was growing up.

And legislation like this health care proposal demonstrates just how much liberalism has turned away from its original and strongest principles.

So enamoured they've become of power.

Because that's what a liberal is. Someone who covets power. Because too little power to fix our problems is exactly what has ailed the world for most of its history. And liberals were the folks who finally figured that out.

Power enobles, as one famous liberal once said. And absolute power enobles absolutely.

And now, finally, we can make the progress that all that power makes possible.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nancy Pelosi is a buffoon!