Lovable, whiny little bitches
After much reflection, I have come to the conclusion that Americans, and most people in the world, really, are my crew. My humongous crew of lovable, whiny little bitches.
Forgivable, to be sure. But the biggest bunch of whiny bitches I've ever met, just as surely.
No matter how much opportunity they have to make a life they love, no matter how much more they have than the rest of the neighbors around the globe, and no matter how much, despite that, they end up, generally unintentionally, making life miserable for themselves and others, they are just never satisfied. No matter what kind of solid chance they have to make a life worth living.
Kinda sad, really. But I love 'em anyway. They're my crew. My American crew. My crew of humanity. And I will stand with them through thick and thin. Whiny little bitches and all.
2 comments:
Us Canadians are all that except for the bit about the whiny, we are too nice to bitch and I TOO LOVE 'EM.
All the very best.
Too nice is better than the alternative, Simone. I'll take it. Can't be a pussy about everything. But being a dick is really not an honest option, either. As America has been learning the hard way, here, lately.
I don't know why it's so hard for people to learn to be decent to one another and to stop being such dicks. Except that I struggle with it just like anyone else. I gotta hella temper when chips are down, still too often. So I guess I do know. Old habits die hard.
I'm checkin' out your work, Simone. I'm kind of a sap, is the truth. And I have a best friend from high school who writes romances and would love to get into the business, I'm sure, if she could ever convince her ambition to match her dreams. Interesting stuff you've got there.
Ben
Post a Comment