Saturday, May 29, 2010

Untangling the knot

An analogy occurred to me, today, of how logic generally unravels in real life. Long after wiser heads have gotten hold of it. Like you and I. Knotheads or wise heads. Who knows. You tell me.

It's like a knot. Or an electrical cord. That you have to unravel to make any use of the original cord, or rope, or what not. To organize it. And keep it from getting all tangled again.

At first it's just tangled. And you don't know what to do, exactly. Except for do whatever to get it untangled.

But, eventually, either you understand the knot enough to get it untangled. Or you don't. And if you don't, it becomes quite apparent. To yourself, as much as to anyone else. Because you can't get the knot untangled. No matter how hard you try.

Life works much the same way, I think. Either you understand the knot or you don't. And if you don't, you won't ever be able to get the knot untangled. No matter how frustrated you are with the knot.

This little nugget o' nothin' I've learned from experience. Meaning, screwing it up plenty.

So does everyone, I'm sure. So I'm not saying anything new. And so will the political world, I'm sure. Just as we always have in the past.

In fact, it's becoming crystal clear to me, now, that this is how 99% of our wisdom has been unraveled. I'd say 100%. But then I'd be just too sure of my own.

Because not a damned soul, me especially, has gotten to where we're at with unchallengable genius, that's for sure. Except for Betty White. Who kills small children with her genius. And's got a mean muffin, I hear.

No comments: