How wrong I was
If the release of Bob Woodward's new tell-all book, Obama's Wars, confirms anything for me, it is that, perhaps my children should consider professions other than elected office, journalism or anything remotely political.
Woodward Lifts Lid on Backbiting
Woodward Book Centers on Dissention, Infighting
And that these people are hardly the folks that any of us should be taking orders from.
And, much more importantly, these are not folks I'd want my kids looking up to. Or any of us, for that matter.
I want my kids to look to the only people they can really count on in life. People who genuinely care about them.
How sad that I once thought that might be found among folks in politics.
How completely clear to me, today, just how wrong I was.
More than any of the rest, I hope they become people who really care.
Because, truth be told, those are the only people I do, or ever will, really trust.
No comments:
Post a Comment