Thursday, September 02, 2010

Making the peace

"I didn't come here to make an argument. I came here today to make peace. I didn't come here today to play a blame game where even the winners lose. Everybody loses if there's no peace. I came here to achieve a peace that will bring a lasting benefit to us all. I didn't come here to find excuses or to make them. I came here to find solutions."

Netanyahu: "Our Goal Is To Forge A Secure And Durable Peace Between Israelis And Palestinians"

That's what it looks like to be responsible. A peace agreement will happen when all parties make this commitment. It will not happen with any of us, including those making their observations public, dropping that ball.

Make peace. Stop making excuses. And if you can't, be prepared to not be taken seriously until we get there.

That's what leadership looks like in this region.

Ignore the whining. Commit to peace. Fulfill the agreements to establish security for both Palestinians and Israelis. Build a commitment to peace within populations over time.

And ignore the naysayers. Including the ones killing civilians. And capture or kill those folks, in the meantime.

Everything else is political theater.

Thanks for your opinion to the contrary.

Now we have a peace to establish.

No comments: