Sunday, December 12, 2010

A song for the genuinely curious

At some point, in every person's life, we are faced with the choice.

Am I going to follow that herd? Even when they have stampeded down that dark path.

Or am I going to have courage to croon that ballad I sing quietly in my own soul?

The road less taken, says Frost.

To your own heart be true, sings the Bard.

And Jack. He thinks the answers could be found. We could learn from digging down. But no one ever seems to be digging.

And you. I'm curious. What verse might you have to share with the heartfelt world?

What secrets are whispered in your tell-tale heart.

What dreams hunger expression.

What love needs your heart to breathe.

Now that's a tune, if you ask nicely, I just might just be willing to give a listen. Or two, if you listen to the sad, lonely melody in mine.

No comments: