Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The lie that power sows

I'm weary of the lie.

The lie that my lying and cynicism is exactly what make me worthy of overpowering you.

Obama's Cynical Maneuvering on the Health-Care Mandate

"On page 25 of his decision, Judge Hudson writes, “Despite pre-enactment representations to the contrary by the Executive and Legislative branches, the Secretary now argues that the Minimum Essential Coverage Provision is, in essence, a ‘tax penalty.’

That’s a polite way of saying that the Obama administration willfully misled the public during the health-care debate. In fact, President Obama repeatedly denied that the mandate was a tax — but now, in order to pass constitutional muster, his administration is insisting it is. I urge you to watch the president’s interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos to see just how emphatic Obama was. When Stephanopoulos says that the mandate is a tax increase, Obama scolds Stephanopoulos. “That’s not true, George,” the president says. '[It] is absolutely not a tax increase.'
Now the president and his administration are arguing exactly the opposite."

Why would anyone look to such people and think to themselves:
Trustworthy. 
Not me. Not anymore.
I'm tired of the lie.
The lie that the lying and the armtwisting is the wave of the future.
The same lie that has plagued humanity since the beginning of humanity.
I'm tired of the lie.
The lie that the armtwisting makes us better. Makes others better. Makes any of us better.
And that the best of us, the best in us, is that which overpowers.
And the worst of us, the worst in us, thus, is that which treat others, more genuinely, the way we'd want to be treated.
I've grown weary of this lie.
And all the weary harvest it has reaped.
Time for something else. For me, at least. 
Even if it means I take my own road. And let everyone else find their own path.
My life is not up for negotiation.
No matter how much anyone offers.

No comments: