Sunday, September 04, 2005

Gunner Palace...

I'm doing what I can on applications without a printer (the library is closed today and tomorrow for Labor Day:):)...

And while I'm at it...Melissa and I are watching Gunner Palace, a really fascinating 2003/04 documentary of daily life of American soldiers in Iraq...

Highly recommend it...really interesting look into the lives of American soldiers in Iraq...and into Iraq post-invasion...

Musical interests are fascinating...a lot of rap...some rock...other soldiers I've seen are often into punk and metal...SPC Stuart Wilf plays a soft, sweet tune on an acoustic guitar...

The Iraqis regard the Americans as very friendly...the Americans do much to try to bring security to Iraq...and support some normalcy in daily Iraqi life...the interactions between soldiers and Iraqi children are particularly touching:):)...

American soldiers train Iraqi soldiers...and it is so interesting to see how much more independent and confident American soldiers are than Iraqi soldiers...a facet of a more democratic military force that Americans so often take for granted, I think...

Soldiers parody the weakly armored vehicles they ride in...they parody the mission...and they have a mix of varying opinions about their cause of rebuilding Iraq...

But all of them seem to be and say that they're proud to be American soldiers...

Definitely recommend this movie:):):)...you won't be disappointed:):):)...

Love,
Ben

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Fall Preview Issue: Entertainment Weekly in 60 Seconds
Here it is, the issue TV fans wait for: the fall TV preview issue! Lots of goodies inside, ... An online-only excerpt from an article about Lost , with a sneak peek at season 2.
Your blog is sweet.

I have already bookmarked you and am am going to become a regular.

Take a look at my site. I hope you like it. It's at:

ad tracking

It's a great site for ad tracking topics