I never understood the depths of cowardice...
...until I worked among my elders...
I could have hardly fathomed the levels of denial...and pride...and ego...and conceit...and arrogance...
In the human condition...
Until I worked among average people...
I have decided that if things should not work out at this teaching situation...
Then I'm going to get a lucrative job...I'm keeping my mouth shut...and I'm going to be a recluse, like Mr. Salinger (who I understand so much better, now, I think)...
I'm so dissappointed with the human condition that I can hardly articulate it...
I just know that there is literally, without a shadow of a doubt, no way that they are getting anywhere with the prevailing philosophy of forced progress...
It cannot happen...
It is not possible...
And it offends the dignity of people everywhere...
And leaves them all in the same place that they are, today...
Which is completely lacking in responsible for their lives...
I'm just wondering how long it will take people...before a few of them...a few of us...
Have the balls to admit that to themselves and to others...
Because if they don't...if we don't...
We are going literally nowhere fast...
And that is a guarantee...
This political moment...is one of such total and utter failure...in it's ability to achieve its goals...
Through the foolish, stupid, cowardly and ultimately doomed philosophy of forced progress...
That the one silver lining in this generally grey raincloud...
Is that everything that people are trying to achieve with this foolish little philosophy...
Is and will continue to be persistently undermined by it...
Until we choose something different...
Leaving people with the difficult choice...
Between their goals...
And their pride...
Something tells me that pride has to eventually give on that one...
But if I get suckered again...
I'm quitting...for good...
Until someone else antes up...
Pride...or an honest assessment of reality?...
It is the perpetual test that humanity faces...in every generation...
We will pass this test, eventually...
The question...is how long we have to fuck it up...before we face up to our failures...
Have a good week, everyone...
Love,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment