Monday, April 10, 2006

Old friends...

I got a chance to catch up with an old friend from college this weekend:)...

He was my old roommate and debate coach...we had a falling out in college that was just kind of foolish, really...and it was really good catching up...

He has a daughter now...and a wife...and it was really great seeing him all grown up...

And talking about everything under the sun...including if he might be willing to help me with finally getting my first book/articles written...

I've tentatively decided on a title...The Limits of Power...with an empirical discussion, up front, about the use of power...and a theoretical discussion in the second part about the use of the least possible necessary aggression...

Talking with Carson finally presented the opportunity to have someone I trust -- because he's just so goddamned smart -- critique the ideas...

Seeing Carson's pictures of his little girl -- who he is clearly proud as punch of -- gave me food for thought that really matured me quite a bit yesterday and this morning...

I started thinking about meeting Brandi with her children...it's pretty humbling...that thought...I think...

Makes you wish there were so many things in your life that you could go back and change...even though you know you can't...

We all take each other for granted, so much, when we have each other in our presence...too often not realizing that the relationships we have now may not be relationships that are easily or as a practical matter so available in the future...

I'm hoping to spend more time with Carson...to keep fetting ideas...and just to catch up and meet his family...

Makes you really appreciate the moments you have...an experience like that...when you think about all the moments that are behind you...especially the moments you loved...

I've got to teach here in a moment...

Hope everyone has a great week:):)...

Love,
Ben

No comments: