How complicated is life?...incredibly complicated...
I'm doing classwork for one of the special education classes I'm taking this summer...
And it's beginning to occur to me just how incredibly complicated this work and life, generally, are...
Even special education:):)...
I think I've gotten underneath something that really big with this work...especially with the principles of least possible necessary aggression...
But the world and life is just so damned complicated...I can barely believe that we navigate it at all, much of the time...and I'm much more sympathetic to why so many people have such a hard time navigating it, much of the time...
Because it's so damned complicated...and if you don't believe that, it's because you're not seeing it...
An important reason that we should make it easier for people to navigate, not harder...
And an important reason for why we should have more compassion for peoples' struggles navigating it, not less...
Though, ironically, the people who navigate it most successfully are often the people who have the most compassion for others' struggles in navigating it:):)...
Anyway:):)...check out the Dixie Chicks' new album when you get a chance:):)...it's really good...though Home, their last album, was one of my all-time favorite albums, period, nevertheless country...
Also...you might check out Robert Redford's new movie, An Unfinished Life...a brilliant little movie about moving on and growing up:)...and check out March of the Penguins, The Crazy Stranger, Vodka Lemon, Dick, Nothing, and Soldiers in the Army of God...
I finally sat through the entire Lord of the Rings' movies and while I wasn't nearly as impressed with this triology than most of my friends and the rest of the world, apparently, I was much more mildly entertained than the other million times I've tried to sit through that thing, it bored me so:):)...I loved watching the first one with my family and when I made Melissa sit down and watch it with me, I enjoyed it much more for what it was, a movie that everyone could watch together...I became less of a movie snob, this weekend, and embraced the Lord of the Rings triology, despite my belief, still, that The Return of the King winning Best Picture in 2004 was utter and total bullshit:):)...
But then again, as Maslow wisely observed in the Farther Reaches of Human Nature, humanity so rarely does always match rewards with merit:):):)...but we do it enough that we can trust us... as far as we can trust us, that is:):):)...
I've got work to do:):):)...
Have a great week, everyone:):)...
Love,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment