A nice, quiet life
I've decided that I think I've had my fill of a more openly political life. I still want to write and to blog and maybe teach in a university.
But I'm tired of getting beat up, is the truth.
I just want to retire to some nice, quiet university job or some other kind of nice, quiet job and find a nice girl, get married, buy a house, raise a family, and just have a much more generally hassle-free life.
I'm tired of being a hero. I'm tired of the slings and arrows that come with the outrageous misfortune of not wanting to bully my way through life. I just want to write my work, have my say, and live a life of relative obscurity and quiet and normalcy. Fame and influence are not all they are cracked up to be, I am discovering. Neither is noble work, as it turns out, as it always has me caught in a hornet's nest of sanctimony that I just don't think I could take for the rest of my life.
Just give me a home where the buffalo roam and where I can hear myself think. And maybe where I can think independently and not have to cowtow to some politically correct or morally outraged notion of how the world should work, even if solutions people propose are worse than the cure.
I just want to be able to have a decent life and just not get nailed and pressured left and right and maybe get some decent sleep, in the meantime, instead of always being awake trying thinking about how someone fucked with me again, today, and how I can't sleep with it on my heart.
I just want to avoid more of that shit, if I can. It's never worked in the past. But hope springs eternal.
Love,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment