Brilliance at work
This is why Frederick Kagan remains, bar-none, the strongest correspondent and commentator on the war, at this point.
Reconcilable Differences
Winning One Battle, Fighting the Next
What We've Accomplished
It is writing like this that makes me want to pursue military history rather than policy as a field of work. Brilliant.
I am a terrible spectator. I must study that field in grad school and write in it, at some point, with adequate expertise. I am just too impressed with the writing of Frederick Kagan, Stephen Ambrose, John Keegan, James McPherson, and David McCullough (Victor Davis Hanson writes well, but his understanding of the political context for warfare needs serious improvement) not to give it a shot.
These articles give you an idea of how a military history and military studies background makes for excellent political coverage of warfare and military activities.
No comments:
Post a Comment