While I'm at it
I thought I'd share something I haven't shared in a few years. Seems appropriate, right now.
On Valentine's Day, February 14, 2004, Michael Wolmetz described the death of his father two years earlier and then surreptitiously proposed to his girlfriend, Debora Brakarz, on a taped Storycorps audio broadcast for National Public Radio.
A Couple's Tender Moment, on Valentine's Day
It was one of the most beautiful moments I've ever heard caught on radio. A really touching moment.
To all lovers out there, take heart. Valentine's Day is the day to remember why you have it so good. And for single guys like me, it's a day when hope springs eternal.
Is is coincidence that I am so love-obsessed right before Valentines? I have no clue. I just know that I won't ever take such moments for granted ever again in my life. They are too precious. And worth sharing as often as possible with the one you love.
Happy Valentine's, Debora and Michael. And to everyone with and without a sweetie.
Love,
Ben
No comments:
Post a Comment