Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Perhaps this work is a lost cause

The kids are bad. But the adults give them all the wrong messages, constantly letting them off the hook. And then pretend like it has no consequence. It's a fucked up cycle. And it is all that is available to these kids, right now.

Noone is going to make better choices when everyone is telling them that they have no choice but the mistakes they make today. You can't correct a mistake as long as everyone is trying to avoid calling it a mistake.

If people can't cut it out, maybe it is a lost cause. If we are bound and determined to avoid responsibility, maybe we'll never take it.

I don't know what then. I just know that maybe I need to find another job where I'm not constantly having people drag me two steps back for every one step forward because they just can't come to terms with their responsibility for the part they have in how things play out.

And if noone is taking responsibility, there really is no hope at all.

No comments: