Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This is the dumbest goddamn thing I've ever done in my life

I have no fuckin' clue why I chose education and policy as careers. It's the dumbest goddamn choices I've ever made in my life. I wanted to help people. But most people don't want help. They want someone to tell them that they're right and there's no reason to make any changes in their lives or outlooks that might threaten their outlooks or their egos.

Making money does not involve changing peoples' outlooks. It just involves making money. And everybody loves that.

I've got to get out of this bullshit work. Politics and education are two places where noone wants to make any changes that might seriously challenge them to do better. And I just don't give a shit about either of them, anymore.

Noone wants help unless it means no expended effort on their part.

And I just have no interest in that kind of work.

People are shitheads. And I just don't need the headache anymore.

2 comments:

John Brown of Kansas said...

Seed money?

Just wondering if you have any ideas on that front. Come up with something good and we can create the Sutherland Brown Group.

Yes, I plan on maintaining my pseudonym. And yes, I will learn the fine art of turning a buck into two bucks into three bucks...into "where in the fuck are the keys to the Cessna".

Quick learner. Works and plays well with others. Resume available upon request.

Yours truly,
John Brown of Kansas

Ben Sutherland said...

Buffet's path seems like a reasonable path. It's the old-fashioned way. Cut down expenses. Tuck it away. Build up savings. Use some of it for investing. Build up savings. Reinvest wisely. That's how he made $62 billion. It's not all that tough. It's just that most people don't do it. And most people don't know where to turn to know how to invest and reinvest wisely. Unless they listen and study Buffet and Graham, that is.