Friday, May 02, 2008

I've decided

I'm going to teach. I'm going to write. I'm going to invest. I'm going to be rich. I'm going do good.

And I'm not going to do a single goddamn bit of it worrying for two fuckin' seconds what anybody thinks about it.

I'm going to be a nice guy. I'm going to be a smart guy. I'm going to be a guy with a great big fuckin' heart that I wear right on my fuckin' sleeve.

And I'm going to marry a woman whose got all the same going for her.

And I'm going to love the shit out of her. And I'm going to raise great kids who can do whatever they want with their lives that they love and that makes them happy and be as fantastic at all of it as they decide to be.

And I'm going to teach them to think for themselves, to listen to their hearts, and to not give two shits what the rest of the world thinks outside of their own conscience and judgments, outside of how it might inform their independent judgment.

And I'm going to have a really nice, happy life.

Patience. Communication. Love. Thoughtfulness. Courage.

I'm going to have all of these things and more in my life.

And I'm going to share them with someone who has the same to offer.

And I won't settle for anything less.

No comments: