Saturday, May 03, 2008

A real liberal

In light of tragic and wholely uneccessary death of Deborah Jeanne Palfrey, the D.C. Madam, I thought it a good moment to remind everyone what a more honest liberal had to say about the matter.

"You put a willing buyer [with] a willing seller, and it's up to them. You can argue with them that it's foolish, you can argue with them that it's a bad thing to do, but I don't see any justification for bringing the police into it."

Today was a day, amidst of period of rationalized repression, all around, that I wanted to be reminded what a more honest and consistent liberal - that term originally and will forever mean liberty, when it is used honestly - had to say about such matters.

Amidst a time when freedom is unpopular and power is all the rage, it's nice to consult with someone who really believes in that principle.

No comments: