Saturday, August 02, 2008

Stupid and mean

I'm beginning to figure out, now, why I put such a premium on finding a girl who is nice and smart.

Because most people are stupid and mean, is the truth. I'm beginning to believe irredeemably so. I put more value on nice than smart because clever shitheads are more of a pain in the ass than dumb shitheads.

But stupid and mean pretty much sums up who most people are, I think. Perhaps trying to be something else, when all else fails.

I just want someone who is a break from all that bullshit.

Because God knows there is plenty of the alternative in the world. And watching it persistently confuse itself with something wiser or better gets to be really old, after a while.

It'd be nice if people acted better than this. But in the meantime, I have no clue why they think that such bullshit qualifies them to tell me to do a damn thing other than don't trust people like us.

People have some funny notions of themselves. Decent and trustworthy is perhaps the funniest. Stupid and mean is more accurate.

No comments: