Thursday, April 29, 2010

If you want to sing out, sing out

Was on a Cat Stevens kick today.

Harold and Maude was one the favorite movies of my first real love in life, and the one we never got to watch before it was through. And, as it turned out, it was the movie my second love and I watched the night I started to fall for her.



And, mostly, because Cat's song Father and Son is one of the most beautiful songs about fathers and sons I've ever heard. And I couldn't get enough of it, this morning.



So Yusuf Islam's got something goin' right for him, in my book.

In the process, I came across this classic from Jackson Browne, today. Got me thinking about my own dreams. And all the dreams of people and kids I come across.



I don't know why, exactly. Why so many people resign their dreams. Resign themselves to lives they fell into. Or got too comfortable with. Rather than lives they love.

The beauty of it all?

It's not the end. Nothing ever is. Until it is.

Life's not a beautiful, tragic melody. The life you love is just waiting for you to make your move.

Just ask Nick Vujicic.



I love this little life of mine. Even the stumbles. And the failures. And the heartbreak. All of it.

Hope you love yours.

If not. Now's your chance.

No comments: