Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bullshit and real good getting done in the world

After a night with Middle Eastern history and too much beer and too much food, I came to a certain enough conclusion, this morning.

All of the bullshit we tell ourselves. About how we're too good. Too nice. Too decent. Too loving. You know. That bullshit.

What a load of shit. Myself included.

The truth is our egos are gratified more than enough, is the truth. Too much, probably. All of us. We have instant gratification coming out of our asses. No matter where we are on the economic ladder. In America and the West and everywhere where we are fortunate to take a free and strong economy for granted.

The truth is we have enough ego gratification to last us to eternity. And it's not even good for us, is the truth.

The truth is that we don't do nearly enough good in the world, is the fact of the matter.

Least I don't.

So I'm done with pitying myself for not having more ego gratification. More for me. More to make me feel better or more important or more enviable or more whatever.

My life, at this point, is about doing good. As much as possible. As often as possible. And with little attention to what I get out of it, anymore, except insofar as it can make plenty available for me and my family and then go do some more good in the world.

I'm tired of the bullshit, is the truth.

And the answer to the bullshit is not more bullshit. It's to do more real good in the world. And let everyone else get their bullshit figured out. Or not. The end.

Speaking of which. I've got plenty on that particular to do list to last several lifetimes.

About time to get to it.

No comments: