Politics, or where not to look for leadership for life
I've been thinking a lot, today, as I can't help but feel not much but a persistent disappointment with the petty and self-centered squabbling in Washington, these days, about how toxic that city has gotten.
I do wonder if anyone in that town really believes in genuine common cause or common sacrifice or common values or common anything, these days.
If all of it is just one long game of chicken and leveraging and bargaining position?
If any of them actually believe in anything beyond their own egos, these days, given all the sanctimony and hubris strutting itself around like proud principle?
And, if not, do they care that noone outside of Washington feels very much in common with them, either?
Perhaps not. And perhaps they don't really care what consequences all that bullshit and mistrust and rationalization creates for the country.
Perhaps none of us do.
What I do know is that there is noone in Washington that I could follow in good conscience, these days. And all the coercion in lieu of leadership just makes it all the more obvious how bankrupt the thinking and caring about anything other than the enormous egos in that town have become.
And it's not just there. It's everywhere.
What a sad spectacle we have all become.
All in the name of principle. So called. And bargaining position.
It's really kinda lame, when you take a step back from it.
Maybe some beer and chicken wings will cure my Beltway blues.
One thing's for sure.
There no one in that town I look to for leadership on anything that matters in my life anymore.
From here on out, I am the man that I look to for leadership in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment